Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Diagram Concepts

I've been in editing frenzy mode on the rulebook. I made a ton of changes, both to the rules and the book layout, mostly pruning and making rules as clear and concise as possible, which led to fewer pages, which led to book design revisions, etc. It'd be a whole lot easier if this project was just a PDF, and while I plan to release a PDF too, I visualize the official "product" as a real world object to be held and written in and drawn in. The 4x6 inch pocket sized format is having a huge impact on every design decision I make, what I write, and how I write it.

I've been mocking up some diagrams that will accompany the rules text. I'll probably iterate on these a bit, as they don't cover all the stuff I want them to, but it's a start:


And here's a sample of a two page spread containing a diagram:





No comments:

Post a Comment