Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Final Draft - Diagrams

I updated in-line diagrams this week for final draft of PDF. Now I just need to do some art. Then I think I have a final v1.0 of Realms of Solace (at least in pdf form). I just need to decide if I should just release as PDF or if I'm going to try to print a physical book, and if so, how? Kickstarter, POD, etc...

Here are some updated diagrams:


Seed terrain.

Terrain type based on roll.

Grow terrain.

Connect like-terrain in close proximity. 

Seed civilizations.

Civ type based on terrain, civ size based on roll.

Human kingdoms: map industry and roads. Calculate Age and Prosperity (P) Value of individual civs and of trade networks.

Dwarven civilizations: Calculate age, depth, and P Value.

Elven Realms: map habitat boundary, calculate age and P Value.

Dark Powers: map reach, note subverted civs.

Connect land masses, fill small gaps.

Map Sea Ports.

Map Rivers, embellish coastline, add detail.

The rules include roll tables and explain each step in detail. There are many more steps to the rules including: features, creatures, labels, relationships and narrative. But this will give you an idea of terrain and civilization generation for the final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment