Friday, March 3, 2017

Play Tests from the Midwest

I haven't posted in a while. Realms of Solace is simmering while I decide what to do with it. I can release it in its current form as little more than a "fantasy story generating tool", and maybe that's all it needs to be? Or, I can develop it into a full blown solitaire RPG. Or both. My good friend and his daughters have play tested it with some success. Here are the story maps generated by Helena (age 12) and Ruby (age 9) with the help of their father, Jason (age timeless).

    

And a few weeks later, the girls asked him if they could play it again. A good sign I suppose. Here was the result of their 3rd playtest. You can see they were trying to adhere to the provided hex grid in this example:



Next? I'd like to take one more pass at the rules, and then do a broader play test. And then decide how much to expand upon it, and whether or not to Kickstart a small print run, or just give it away as a PDF...


No comments:

Post a Comment